Common Ground x Curious Child



As a freelance writer, I work from home and there are times when I want to be in my personal space but I can't exactly get that because I live with other people. Oftentimes, people just don't understand how important it is for a writer to be in a quiet environment without any distraction in order for him/her to really focus and come up with a good writing.

This also has a lot to do with the fact that people in creative industry like me can be quite neurotic with our mood swings and unpredictable demeanour. I'm pretty damn sure that I am not alone in this and I am writing this entry at 4 am in hope of solace but somehow someone woke up to go to the toilet and decided to sit right next to me making small talks while lighting a cigarette.

Nothing to do with the entry but I'm diggin this look. This is what I usually wear when I have to hit Starbucks to get my articles done

So my point is I need a space like Common Ground where I can focus on my work and don't feel obligated to be a part of any conversation or have to put on earphones because somebody else in the room refused to.

The Malaysia’s leading and largest co-working space recently announced its partnership with child enrichment centre Curious Child as it opened its fifth Klang Valley venue. Curious Child is attached to Common Ground’s latest 21,000 square feet co-working venue in Citta Mall, Ara Damansara.

Currently, there are not many office spaces that provide childcare facilities or services which causes women to give up one’s career in order to care for one’s children. Seizing this opportunity, Common Ground’s latest partnership with Curious Child is aimed at providing the support needed by working mothers who struggle to manage the demands of both one’s professional career and domestic responsibilities.The child enrichment centre offers a multitude of services including infant care, enrichment programs, prep school programs and the “drop and work” program.

Honestly, I don't care much about babies and kids because I don't have any. But I can imagine how having to stop 10 times midway through writing an article must have felt. I will go insane.

For a childless, carefree and single-by-choice freelancer like me, Common Ground Ara Damansara also houses an in-house cafĂ©, event space, board rooms, several smaller meeting rooms, quiet lounges, and three formats of workspace — hot desking, fixed desking and private offices for two or more people.

To book a site visit to one of Common Ground’s five venues or to explore the different pricing packages, visit the website at www.commonground.work

Comments